Lists Work. Mostly
Last night me, myself and I had a little talk about how lazy I am getting. My body and I agree that something must be done. And so I made a list of things to do. And I have ACHIEVED great things today. Let’s take a look; Here is my list…
- Well, I’m gonna start by topping off my run jar for distances already ran.
- My ass doesn’t like the morning. Solution: pack at night.
- Tomorrow I am going to ride to work.
- I am not going to eat garbage take out for breakfast.
- I’m going to try and consume 355 Milliliters of water or more.
- I am going to ride home. (Or to my managers meeting if there is one.)
- I am not going to eat garbage take out for dinner.
- I am going to check in with my blog, and let you know how I did.
Starting from the top. Ahh ok, so topping off the run jar. I didn’t actually do that lol. That is more of a day off thing. Starting seeecond from the top. I did pack everything the night before. Holy crap did this help. I woke up, washed my face and brushed my teeth. Put my clothes on without thinking or worrying that something was forgotten. It was pure organizational bliss!
I did actually ride to work. It was really beautiful out this morning. Sun shine, a little cool but once ya get going you don’t really notice. Ya know the funny thing is. I often sleep in. Like to the last minute sleep in. But I went to bed at midnight and set my alarm for 7:00 Am; I woke up at 6:41 this morning. That hasn’t happened to me for years. It’s like the planning put my body into a mode of preparedness. I really like how the morning came together.
Breakfast, I did eat out. But! I went to a much nicer place where I could sit down and read the paper. I could check out the news. Listen to the morning hum of the city. I had French Toast but with fresh fruit and the owner gave me two more tangerines free for the road.
Water consumption, this one always gets me. But I drank half my flask today and it’s about a litre in volume. I also had some G2, I did a lot of heavy lifting today and lost a lot of fluids. I know G2 is not the best thing to use for replenishing electrolytes but it’s what I got for now. I also had a black tea. Not sure where that lands on the healthy scale?
Dinner, I am having salad. Its got kale and berries, some walnuts in it.
And lastly, check in here. Done, done and done.
Day 1. Success!
Rinse and Repeat.